Monday, September 9, 2019

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?


badge 
Hosted by The Book Date.
Also kid lit version hosted by Teach Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers.
Since I read both I join both :)


What a way to kick start this blog!  Books!  Of all my interests this one is dominant so I love being able to start with this.

So I am currently reading the following 4 books:
ItThe Fellowship of the Ring (The Lord of… 
A Mad Zombie Party (White Rabbit Chroni…The School for Good and Evil (The Schoo… 

Finally reading It now that I have seen both parts of the movie.  Hoping to finish it this month but might go into next month.  Reading this with a couple others and not sure how quick we will get through it.  It is a huge book!

The Fellowship of the Ring is a re-read but I never finished the series so back to here we go!

A Mad Zombie Party- The last in this series by Gena Showalter and so very different from the previous books with a complete MC and POV change.

The School of Good and Evil is another re-read but is a great audiobook as I organize my bookshelves this week.



UP NEXT:

 Harry Potter and the Cursed Child: Parts One and Two (Harry Potter, #8)Tail of the Moon, Volume 1  


So what are you reading?

12 comments:

  1. Nice assortment of books. I've read the Harry Potter play and The Fellowship of the Ring. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and being the first to comment on my new blog! It means a lot.

      Delete
  2. I've never read the LotR series and I feel really weird about that. Maybe I'll add book #1 to my #MustReadin2020 list. :) And I purchased Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, but still haven't yet read it. Must remedy that very soon. Have a great reading week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't feel weird about not reading something! There are so many books out there, even if all we ever read were popular ones, we'd never get to them all. But if you do read it I hope you love it!

      Delete
  3. You are reading a couple of HUGE books! And, at the same time. That's very impressive. I don't think I could do it. Enjoy!

    P.S. - Spiders? I can't see IT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The School for Good and Evil is by audiobook so not too bad. It is the real tome. The hardback is larger than the average size the and print it small and less lines spacing that usual.

      Yea Spiderish thing in the movie. Wigged me out!

      Delete
  4. Cool picks! It's been a long while since I picked up Fellowship of the Ring. Hope you enjoy all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It terrified me when I read it as a teenager, I haven’t been too keen on the movies though.

    Have a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a reason I didn't read It when I was younger. King nails it with the creepy clown concept. Especially with everything else that happens. Thanks :)

      Delete
  6. I really enjoy how convoluted people's sentences get when they talk about reading and/or watching It, since it's a book title and a generic pronoun. Did you like It? (hahahaha)

    I hope you fall into the Lord of the Rings books this time. Sometimes you can really get into the mood and the world and then they are amazing reads. (I've reread them a few times). Other times I just can't get interested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree on talking about It. :)

      I am enjoying LOTR for the most part. I LOVE the world and story but sometimes the writing just seems dry to me.

      Delete