Monday, September 16, 2019

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? #2

badge 
Hosted by The Book Date.
Also kid lit version hosted by Teach Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers.
Since I read both I join both :)


The past few days have been quite hectic!  I had hoped to both post more on this blog, get a new D&D character created, read more and clean a few spaces in my home but nope.  Unexpected thigns happened. 

I am currently reading:
 

It"Welcome to Derry, Maine ...

It’s a small city, a place as hauntingly familiar as your own hometown. Only in Derry the haunting is real ...

They were seven teenagers when they first stumbled upon the horror. Now they are grown-up men and women who have gone out into the big world to gain success and happiness. But none of them can withstand the force that has drawn them back to Derry to face the nightmare without an end, and the evil without a name."




**I am still slowly chipping away at this.  Doubt I will finish anytime soon.  My goal has been 20 pages a day of this.  I am a bit behind.**








The School for Good and Evil (The School for Good and Evil, #1)


"The first kidnappings happened two hundred years before. Some years it was two boys taken, some years two girls, sometimes one of each. But if at first the choices seemed random, soon the pattern became clear. One was always beautiful and good, the child every parent wanted as their own. The other was homely and odd, an outcast from birth. An opposing pair, plucked from youth and spirited away.

This year, best friends Sophie and Agatha are about to discover where all the lost children go: the fabled School for Good & Evil, where ordinary boys and girls are trained to be fairy tale heroes and villains. As the most beautiful girl in Gavaldon, Sophie has dreamed of being kidnapped into an enchanted world her whole life. With her pink dresses, glass slippers, and devotion to good deeds, she knows she’ll earn top marks at the School for Good and graduate a storybook princess. Meanwhile Agatha, with her shapeless black frocks, wicked pet cat, and dislike of nearly everyone, seems a natural fit for the School for Evil.

But when the two girls are swept into the Endless Woods, they find their fortunes reversed—Sophie’s dumped in the School for Evil to take Uglification, Death Curses, and Henchmen Training, while Agatha finds herself in the School For Good, thrust amongst handsome princes and fair maidens for classes in Princess Etiquette and Animal Communication.. But what if the mistake is actually the first clue to discovering who Sophie and Agatha really are…?"




**I am just over 1/2 finished finally.  This is my audiobook  and I hope to finish in over the next few days while I clean and continue cataloging my books.**






The Fellowship of the Ring (The Lord of the Rings, #1)   "One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkeness bind them

In ancient times the Rings of Power were crafted by the Elven-smiths, and Sauron, The Dark Lord, forged the One Ring, filling it with his own power so that he could rule all others. But the One Ring was taken from him, and though he sought it throughout Middle-earth, it remained lost to him. After many ages it fell into the hands of Bilbo Baggins, as told in The Hobbit.

In a sleepy village in the Shire, young Frodo Baggins finds himself faced with an immense task, as his elderly cousin Bilbo entrusts the Ring to his care. Frodo must leave his home and make a perilous journey across Middle-earth to the Cracks of Doom, there to destroy the Ring and foil the Dark Lord in his evil purpose."


**Another book I am STILL working on.  Again, about 1/2 way finished.  Enjoying this as my nightly read.**





Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Parts 1 & 2
 "It was always difficult being Harry Potter and it isn’t much easier now that he is an overworked employee of the Ministry of Magic, a husband and father of three school-age children.

While Harry grapples with a past that refuses to stay where it belongs, his youngest son Albus must struggle with the weight of a family legacy he never wanted. As past and present fuse ominously, both father and son learn the uncomfortable truth: sometimes, darkness comes from unexpected places.




**After sitting on my shelf for a couple years, I am finally reading this for the first time.  Fast read and a good change of pace**





I finished reading:

A Mad Zombie Party (White Rabbit Chronicles, #4) "The battle rages on.

Ali Bell and Cole Holland's crew of zombie slayers thought they'd won the war against Anima Industries, the evil company responsible for capturing and experimenting on zombies in an effort to discover the secret to immortality. In the last epic clash, the slayers lost many of their crew and closest friends. But Frosty, the ice man himself, has not recovered from one casualty in particular—the love of his life, Kat Parker.

On the path to self-annihilation, Frosty receives a message from beyond—Kat's spirit returns, insisting he partner with rogue slayer Camilla Marks. Frosty will do anything for Kat. Except that. Camilla is the one who betrayed them all, leading to Kat's death.

But when Anima rises from the grave to become a force the slayers may not have the strength to overcome, Frosty, Camilla and all the slayers will have to work together to survive. And one broken slayer will learn that sometimes, the line between hate and attraction is blurred...and the road to redemption isn't through revenge, but in letting go of the past and grabbing hold of the future"


**Better than the previous (what I thought was the last) book.**




Tail of the Moon, Volume 1  
"Sometimes it seems like Usagi is hopeless. Sure, she's good with healing herbs, but she's the granddaughter of the leader of a prestigious ninja village and she's such a klutz that she's never made it out of the kiddie class. Finally frustrated with Usagi's lack of progress, her grandfather sends her to marry a local lord and have lots of ninja babies. But the lord has no interest in her or her child bearing potential! After years of goofing around, Usagi is finally determined to reach her goals--she's going to become a ninja and capture her true love's heart!"

**I love this series!**








Up Next on the reading list:

Tail of the Moon, Volume 2Expiration Day 

So what are you reading?


6 comments:

  1. I, too, have had Harry Potter and the Cursed Child on my shelf for a while. And I'm determined to read this one by 2020. I hope you enjoy it, Jamie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been put off since it wasn't actually written by JK Rowling. I wish this was another novel. Hopefully it goes well and you can enjoy in this next year!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, you have so many great books going on! I am curious, is it your first time reading IT? I have read Harry Potter and the Cursed Child and am interested to see what you think of it once you are done. The School of Good and Evil sounds really interesting! One I will need to look out for. Do you like any other books Like Tail of the Moon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my first time reading IT. I saw the original made for TV movie and the new release as well. I hope I like the book but I don't like clowns lol.
      I love manga like Tail of the Moon! Do you read manga?

      Delete
  3. I haven't read on in the School for Good and Evil series, but they were very popular in my school library before I retired. I confess to only having read one Harry Potter book.

    ReplyDelete