Monday, November 4, 2019

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? #4


badge 
Hosted by The Book Date.
Also kid lit version hosted by Teach Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers.
Since I read both I join both :)

It has been a few weeks since I did this. And I read a lot since.  I did two manga- readathons plus Dewey's 24 readathon.  So I am not going to post all those books.  If you want to see what I read the past few weeks, check out my goodreads profile.
So starting fresh this month and hope to keep up better!

Currently Reading:

My Sister Rosa "What if the most terrifying person you know is your ten-year-old sister?

Seventeen-year-old Aussie Che Taylor loves his younger sister, Rosa. But he's also certain that she's a psychopath--clinically, threateningly, dangerously. Recently Rosa has been making trouble, hurting things. Che is the only one who knows; he's the only one his sister trusts. Rosa is smart, talented, pretty, and very good at hiding what she is and the manipulation she's capable of.

Their parents, whose business takes the family from place to place, brush off the warning signs as Rosa's -acting out.- Now that they have moved again--from Bangkok to New York City--their new hometown provides far too many opportunities for Rosa to play her increasingly complex and disturbing games. Che's always been Rosa's rock, protecting her from the world. Now, the world might need protection from her."






Quests for Glory (The School for Good and Evil: The Camelot Years #1) 

"Join your favourite students from the School for Good and Evil as they begin a new era and set off on their quests in the Endless Woods The first book in a second School for Good and Evil trilogy…
The students at the School for Good and Evil thought they had found their final Ever After when they vanquished the malevolent School Master, but with every end comes a new beginning…. Now, on their required fourth-year quests, where Evers and Nevers alike must move beyond the bounds of school and into the biggest, boldest adventures of their lives.
For their quests, Agatha and Tedros are trying to return Camelot to its former splendour as queen and king. For her quest, Dean Sophie seeks to mould Evil in her own image. But soon they all feel themselves growing more isolated and alone. When their classmates’ quests plunge into chaos, however, someone must lead the charge to save them…"


Up Next on my TBR: 

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, #2) "Facing annihilation at the hands of the warlike Vogons is a curious time to have a cosmically displaced Arthur Dent and his curious comrades in arms as they hurtle through space powered by pure improbability - and desperately in search of a place to eat. Among Arthur's motley shipmates are Ford Prefect, a long-time friend and contributor to the The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy; Zaphod Beeblebrox, the three-armed, two-headed ex-president of the galaxy; Tricia McMilan, a fellow Earth refuge who's gone native (her name is Trillian now); and Marvin, who suffers nothing and no one gladly."

6 comments:

  1. Nice looking assortment of books. I hope you enjoy them all. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, My Sister Rosa looks scary! I just looked it up and see that our library has a copy so I'll have to put this one on my wish list. Thanks for sharing and for linking up with the kidlit section of #imwayr, Jamie. I hope you have a wonderful reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Sister Rosa does sound terrible, but I'm hoping there's some hope in there somewhere. Thanks for it and for reminding me of The Restaurant at The End of the Universe. I read it long ago, hope you enjoy its zaniness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Sister Rosa sounds terrifying! It's been quite a while since I read any Douglas Adam's titles but remember enjoying them when I did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found My Sister Rosa quite chilling.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to read the Hitchhiker's books at some point! They sound so fun. And My sister Rosa sounds freaky!

    ReplyDelete